Skip to main content

Diary of D #5: Job Seeking is Hard

Seriously

I've had numerous occasions where I'd go to a website and apply for a job as listed on it. Plenty of times applied, plenty of times rejected. Personally, I've faced plenty of problems regarding this experience. There are far too many companies out there that seek for loyalty and trust, but when I really get to think about it, it's more of a problematic facade. After all, even with further prospect of getting accepted into the position available, I'm still a jobseeker who is yet to be accepted.

There's some kind of dissonance here; it seems to me that companies and their loyal and trusted people expect job seekers to place their mental condition as if they're already a part of the successful company without acknowledging that it hasn't even happened. It's quite disheartening to experience this. It does feel manipulative, in a way, though I'm not going to start accusing or blaming some parties yet. More and more these days it feels harder to just live as a person in a nation.

Maybe it has something to do with my own unrealized passion. You see, I sing. I write songs. If possible, music is the only thing that I really want to make. However, that is its own problem, especially in my case where I have no knowledge on how to even start a career in this field. I know, find a manager, start networking, upload the contents, don't give up!, etc., but it's really easier to say than to actually do it.

Realistically, I want to give up. Perhaps I have, a long time ago. However, a part of me that's still so innocently stubborn wants to keep at it. It's killing me that I lack the means to get to where I want, to be the one whom I know I can be. It doesn't help that nobody seems to actually trust my vision or my, well, anything really. I'm sad. I know that it's not helpful to be sad, but I am very much feeling it at the moment. Anyway, hopefully a miracle happens. God Bless you, all!

Love, Daud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Hold On to the Memories" — A Mariah Carey Review Series: Music Box

Music Box, 1993 We've come to this moment. A moment to wish for a dream lover to come and save us, to cherish our heroes if we can find them within us, and to be immersed in, strangely, sorrow. Opening song, "Dreamlover," is a lovely lowkey dance number with lyrics that are far fluffier than anything Carey has ever written up to that point. Her songwriting has grown to be softer and milder. Lines like "I want a lover who knows me, who understands how I'm feeling inside" and "baby, come on, take me away" come off as a bit surprising from the same woman who has delivered biting lyrics with the likes of "Someday," "Prisoner," and "You're So Cold." The next song, "Hero," is a ballad about self-esteem. You heard it right. The composition is very ordinary but manages to be effective in conveying the message. At one point, you can literally hear the sky turns bright after a cold dark night. Her voice also goes a...

"If I Could Recapture..." — A Mariah Carey Review Series: The Debut

Recently, I've had an epiphany. A revelation. A vision...of reviewing music of the one and only, Mariah Carey. So, let's go back to the first time you and I have ever heard about her. Mariah Carey, 1990 The album starts with a soul ballad titled "Vision of Love." It's a prayer, at least from how I perceived it. The lyrics read like a series of incantation of thanks and glories to God. Interestingly, the songwriting seems to put a heavy emphasis on the "I" figure; I had a vision of love, I realized a dream, I visualized the love that came to be, etc. Mariah's lyrical works would become more and more intricate in coming years, however, it's fascinating to see how direct the diction chosen for this song and so many other songs on this album. Next, we continue to "There's Got to Be a Way," which is a song about social movement. Or, perhaps, the plea to enact one. One of the things that makes me feel enamored by the songstress' works...

X-Men: The Movie

An Imagining (Credit: Jim Lee) I know. What the hell is this, right? Well, I woke up today and decided that I want to make a brief general summary of an X-Men story that I've been cooking up for a while. It would begin with a scene where one of our protagonists, Jean Grey a.k.a. Marvel Girl, arrives at the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters in Westchester County, New York. This however is not a story of a teenage Grey arriving at the school for the first time. It's just a callback to that; she's an adult now. She goes back to the school to visit her old professor, Charles Francis Xavier a.k.a. Professor X, because why not reunion? Anyway, Grey would meet the other previous students of the school. In order of appearance: Henry "Hank" McCoy a.k.a. Beast who would answer the door for her, Scott Summers a.k.a. Cyclops who's currently in a heated debate with Warren Kenneth Worthington III a.k.a. Angel, and Robert "Bobby" Drake a.k.a. Iceman who jus...